Living life in beautiful Eugene, Oregon!

Be Happy...Be Peace...Be Love

Spread Peace...Speak Love...BE

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Remembering Robin...

Tuesday.  Dear Robin,
I wondered when the sky blackened earlier today, what was going on...little did I realize that within the hour our friend Helen would be txting asking if I knew what was going on with you, our wonderful friend.  Online I flew, checking your FB status...and there it was, plastered everywhere...good-bye Robin, our dear, dear friend.  I still don't know what happened to you, nor do I really want to I guess; the facts won't change, you're gone.  Of course I cried and for that matter I'm still crying; saddened by your passing...you were so young, younger than I am.

I now dry my tears of sadness and replace them with tears of joy.  For yes, it was joyful having you in my life.  You had the biggest, warmest heart ever.  You always smiled no matter how much pain you were in.  I hope the RA did not snatch you from us.  I cried, too, when you left us at Royal...that was a sad day indeed.  I always admired the love you had for your little doggies and your kids and reading.  I truly believe you must have read every book in the Cottage Grove library and then expanded that reading list to B &N and Borders.  I don't think I ever saw you without a book!   You had a fun sense of humor.  You were always ready with a hug every time I saw you.  I will miss those funny, quirky little things you used to say.  But I will smile every time I think of you, and every time I hear someone mention your name or repeat something that sounds like you would have said it.

Be free now, Robin.  My life was enriched by your presence and for that I am very thankful!
I love you,
Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment