Living life in beautiful Eugene, Oregon!

Be Happy...Be Peace...Be Love

Spread Peace...Speak Love...BE

Sunday, February 6, 2011

Happiness

Sunday.
As I sat enjoying the sun today, I was struck by one thought...happiness.  The obvious happiness of sitting in the sun, but truly more than that.  I sometimes wonder what happiness really means to others.  Eric and I were having a conversation about this very topic yesterday.  Perceptions and happiness.  Of course I know what makes me happy and I am happy to say it doesn't revolve around money or cars or "things" but rather the simplicity of a cloudless sky, a warm breeze, a child's laughter, a simple meditative walk.  Of course, I would also say a great stash of yarn, but really that's not what makes me truly happy.

Walt Whitman once said, "Happiness...not in another place, but this place...not for another hour, but this hour."
 
Hmm...I wonder if people are truly honest with themselves, can they really identify the true source of their happiness  and can this happiness be sustained "without" stuff...Can they be happy now, in this very hour?

~An interesting thought to be sure...

No comments:

Post a Comment