Living life in beautiful Eugene, Oregon!

Be Happy...Be Peace...Be Love

Spread Peace...Speak Love...BE

Saturday, July 9, 2011

To bead or not to bead, that is the question

Saturday.
I've been thinking, sometimes that's not such a clever plan, but today it is. So I put my little thinking cap on and came up with an idea that has been rolling around up there for a while. Beads. Yeah, that's it, just beads. I've wanted to add beads to my work for some time now and have actually added them a couple of times, but that was quite a while ago. Now I'm thinking about them again. So how fortuitous for me that FusionBeads sent me an email offering a $1 sale on beads. Well, I couldn't pass that up, especially with free shipping and no minimum purchase! So I bought a few to try out; they should be here sometime next week. Then, as I was walking along Willamette, I discovered Harlequin Beads was also having a sale, 25% off. Hmmm, I don't usually stop here because the people tend to be negative and quite honestly just down right rude! Okay, I'll just go in and see what a size 6 or 8 looks like in a seed bead then I'll know if I ordered the right size. Well! Would you believe it, I was actually greeted by someone friendly who wanted to help me find just the right size bead for my knitting! I am shocked, I tell you, shocked! This is the first time I have ever gone in there and felt welcome in the 5 1/2 yrs I've lived here. Perhaps there had been complaints. No matter what it was, I'm glad to have been greeted with a friendly smile and willing assistance. I shall go back, in hopes of a repeat performance. BTW, I did purchase some beads there too (~: Oh and here's what I bought there:
Hmmm, the colors don't show up very well here, but there is a lovely purple, yellow, an amber, and an AB of sorts. I was trying to match to colors of yarn I've dyed. I checked them against the actual wool when I got home and didn't do too bad. I see though, I will need to make another trip to ensure I have enough for a project. We'll see how this works out.
~Another beautiful day...

No comments:

Post a Comment