Living life in beautiful Eugene, Oregon!

Be Happy...Be Peace...Be Love

Spread Peace...Speak Love...BE

Monday, February 28, 2011

Jam anyone?

Monday.
It has been quite the rainy day today.  Nevertheless, I have been thinking of fresh summer fruits. My main topic of thought has been, specifically, blueberry and strawberry jams.  And not just any jams either.  We're talking fresh, local, Oregon grown blueberries and strawberries.  I can smell those ripe berries now!  I think I'll send a jar of blueberry to my friend Nancy in PA, she's been hankering for some fresh Oregon blueberries.  Hmmm, maybe I should pick up one of those plants at Farmer's Market this year and grow my own...now there's a thought!
I have the large kettle for canning, I can get the jars up the street at the hardware store; in fact I believe they have some on sale right now...note to self: check out the True Value for canning jars this weekend.  Then all that leaves for me to do is collect the sugar, I'm thinking sugar free...note to self #2: check out sugar free natural alternatives...and the pectin of course....note to self #3: check online for natural pectin for setting up jam, I'm sure there must be something useful that's not processed.
~I know we need rain, but I don't think we need it all in one day...

No comments:

Post a Comment