Living life in beautiful Eugene, Oregon!

Be Happy...Be Peace...Be Love

Spread Peace...Speak Love...BE

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

The best book this year

Wednesday.
Last night I completed The Heretic's Daughter by Kathleen Kent.  I have to say it was by far the best book I've read in a very long time.  Albeit it was historical fiction, Kathleen Kent brought to life a tragic tale of epic tragedy of the Salem witch trials.  The book does state it was a story taken from fact of Kent's family history dating 9 generations back.  The story is narrated thru the life of Sarah Carrier aged 9 yrs thru her early 20's.  Just reading thru the life of this young woman's  trials and horrendous atrocities she and others of her time faced, brought feelings of rage to my heart and tears to my eyes.   Kent also includes, at the end of the book, more historical resources for additional reading on the subject of the Salem witch trials,which like many other holocaustic events should never be forgotten.
~I think I'll look up the actual transcripts...

No comments:

Post a Comment