Living life in beautiful Eugene, Oregon!

Be Happy...Be Peace...Be Love

Spread Peace...Speak Love...BE

Monday, January 31, 2011

We made it thru January!

Monday.
Well, we've made it thru January...hooray!  That can only mean one thing, spring is just around the corner.  Already the trees are budding, Daffodils have bloomed along with sweet little Crocus.  The stores are already stocking on gardening supplies ( I can hardly contain myself!).  Suffice it to say, I love this time of year.  Of course it's not quite time to get out there and start planting in earnest, but I still love the planning and searching and reading up on what I want this grow this year.

Of course this year I am trying to be more conscientious of what I need and will use rather than just what I think looks great out there.  Especially now with my own dietary guidelines changing, I would like to grow more of my own fresh veggies and herbs.  Of course tomatoes are on the list.  Those I grew last year were marvelous! 

So def tomatoes will be grown.  I also think I'd like to grow some sweet carrots, onions, and peppers and maybe this year try my hand at mini eggplant and a good supply of greens for salad making.  These should do me for the better part of the summer and I won't have to rely on purchasing so many things.  Maybe I'll even throw in more strawberries this time and of course there must be flowers!

Okay, I'm getting ahead of myself.  I must remember I do live in an apartment and have to arrange my entire garden in pots (~: but still, I love gardening no matter how small an area I have.

I think I shall make an early night of it.  I must be coming down with something.  My nose is running, I've taken up sneezing as a new past time it would seem and tonight I am so tired.  Or maybe it's just the cloud cover we've had all day and I'm so cold...crazy! But, first to read!

~Goodnight, I'll be dreaming of the garden tonight...

No comments:

Post a Comment