Living life in beautiful Eugene, Oregon!

Be Happy...Be Peace...Be Love

Spread Peace...Speak Love...BE

Saturday, August 6, 2011

Saturday, just Saturday

Saturday.
It was such a beautiful day out today. So I decided to take a walking meditation. I went down to PERK and discovered a new flavor, Rosemary, for my coffee...it was delicious, who'd have known Rosemary would make such a great syrup for flavoring coffee? Aaron says they are also going to be getting some Rose syrup from a local vendor. I can't wait to try it. I tried the Rose petal soft serve at Viva Vegetarian yesterday and believe that one is by far my fave right after the lavender. So off I go again on my walk and ended up at the Saturday Market where I found some wonderful new hand made lotion, pineapple/mango; I also picked up lavender for Helen. What I was looking for though was a bag and upon not finding any I really wanted to part with my money for, I decided I would just as well come home and make one myself. Then it's off to the Whiteaker block party where I found Jamie and discovered she had sold all her bowls already! Dang! But she told me she would be happy to make me one in a pattern I wanted so that's cool. I sent her a mssg to see if she'd like to do a trade, glass work for knit work. Why not? I love trading goods for goods! So I put in my request for a yellow bowl with a sun motif. I'm anxious to see what she comes up with. She is an amazing glass artist!
I managed to get my socks cast on for the KAL, although I'm not at all satisfied with the directions. The stitch count on the pattern just doesn't add up right. Am I the only one who sees this? Apparently so as I did check the group and don't see anyone else mentioning this, so I improvised and just kinda did my own thing. You know, I am a very experienced sock knitter so I know I can read a chart as well as a pattern, but when something like this comes up it just drives me crazy! We'll see how it goes, so far, so good though with my little improvisation.
~Is my book very far away...

No comments:

Post a Comment